Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rip film thing - b l o g 4

Why do you think the filmmaker made this film?  What was his intention and point of view of this film?  Do you agree with this point of view?  Why or why not?
           I think the film maker made this video to emphasize the rights that we don't have.  I believe his point of view was that what he was doing is not stealing anyone could have made beats...where did they beat come from in the first place? Did the artist of that song steal it from someone? I do agree with his point of view but some I don't like match-ups,I disagree with that because you are taking two different songs and putting them together and classifying them as your own when they're not



Due to the nature of the documentary, there was clearly a bias on the part of the filmmaker.  Is it okay to have bias?  How did the film portray the other side of the argument?  Were they successful in interviewing the other side?
I think that in this film the bias was ok because he was just trying to get his own personal point across. When you have someone so strong going againat you, you must be prepared.





Now that you have seen the film, what are your thoughts on copyright?  Should anything that is online be available for us to alter into something else?  Is it okay to download parts of a film and include them in your own film?  Would you be okay with someone taking your art work, altering it and calling it their own?
I think that some coprighting should be alound but not all. If you're using it for work like for something to show or reference to that is fine but if you're using it and calling it your own that is wrong. Some people live on re-making things and make their own from someone elses property without permission. But if they had asked for permission it probablly would have been a no, then what would those people do? I believe that match-ups shouldn't be aloud, but sampling should be aloud because technically it wasn't their beat to begin with...just because they made a song with it, it's not like they discovered the beat and it belongs to them, because it doesn't know what I mean? But yeah I believe some should be aloud to an extent but others should be prohibited.



What are your overall thoughts on the film?  Was the argument constructed well?  Did you enjoy watching it?  Why or why not?
This film was well made with lots of interesting and helpful facts. It was constructed well and put together very well. They way the transitions and all the effects were put together was great. Yes I did enjoy this video it was very interesting and I learned new things that I hadn't known before. I had no idea what sampling or what a match up was but now I do and it's very interesting......and now that I know I notice it in songs I hear on the radio or that i download off of ITUNES!



No comments:

Post a Comment